To protect our democracy, we need strong representation at all levels of government. This fall, there are open positions on the following local councils:
- City of Hood River: Mayor + 3 City Council Positions [City of Hood River Election Packet]
- Cascade Locks: Mayor + 3 City Council Positions [Cascade Locks Election Packet]
- Hood River Soil & Water Conservation District:
- State of Oregon: Soil & Water Conservation Districts – Elections
- From Columbia Gorge News: “Candidate packets for the election can be picked up at the Hood River SWCD office or requested by email. For an electronic copy of the candidate packet and additional information, contact District Manager Heather Hendrixson at email@example.com or 541-386-4588.””
If you or someone you know is thinking of running for Mayor or City Council in Hood River or Cascade Locks, or for the Hood River Soil & Water Conservation District, the recommended filing deadline is August 23. It is recommended to file early to ensure all required signatures qualify.
When you file, be sure to contact Indivisible Columbia Gorge!